Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Have you seen my....?

It's very apparent I have WAY too many things on my mind and not a enough cells to accommodate these 'things'. I went to my husbands apartment on Saturday to drop off some things I had accumulated and needed to give to him. Since my daughter dances on the same side of town he lives I stopped by after I dropped her off at dance. Our boat is stored in the town I live in until we decide what we are doing with it. So, he says will you take a check to the boat rental place (exactly 3 blocks from where I live) on your way home. I said, "sure" cheerfully. So, he puts the check in my purse. Easy schmeesy, right?

Not for this dumb ass. I go and pick up my daughter from dance. I get the check out of my purse (MISTAKE #1) and hand it to my daughter (MISTAKE #2) and say don't let me forget to take this to the boat rental place on our way home. She says, "sure" cheerfully. On our way home we stop by our house (MISTAKE #3) to get the mail and I run inside (MISTAKE #4 - do you see a pattern here?) to grab something. And we go home...

Yes, we went HOME. Uh, forgot about the check AND LOST IT. My husband texts me the next morning and says "did you get the check to the boat place okay". I freaked the f*ck out. Shit shit shit. I looked all over for that check and couldn't find it. I got the distinct pleasure of telling my husband that I managed to lose a check in ONE 25 minute drive from point A to point B. I suck

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

I can lose an elephant in less time and with fewer stops.

Blame the boat!