Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hell Week

This is how I spent my time this week:

1. Daughter had the flu - passed it to me - passed it to middle son. Oldest son escaped somehow.
2. My step-son's house burnt down. Yes, burnt down. It was horrible. They are all safe and okay, thank god. But they lost everything. His mom's car was parked in the garage and caught on fire, which by the time she figured it out the garage was engulfed in flames. It's a horrifying experience.
3. My dad was downhill skiing Friday night (he is very active, in great shape, and is 62). They were on their last run and he fell (not sure if he passed out or what, since it was an easy hill and he is good at skiing) and hit his head pretty hard. He was disoriented, they rushed him to the local hospital and did a CAT scan and found blood on his brain. So they then rushed him to the state university hospital and did another CAT scan and there was no more or less blood on his brain, so they think it's a concussion. He came home yesterday afternoon and sounded good on the phone.

It's been a hellish week. On top of an ongoing divorce, being freaking broker than broke, kids, work - now all this. I am just so thankful that everyone ended up okay after this hellish week.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. The week sounds awful, I'm just glad to hear everyone is okay.

newduck said...

Oh my God, this is horrifying. I'm so sorry to hear about everything you're going through right now. Hang in there. I'm sending good thoughts your way.